I'm slacking on the updates right now... No more slackin' off summer fun for me... I started my Externship in the Neuro ICU last week, and today was my 3rd day on the unit. Quite exciting. My preceptor is awesome, and everyone I've worked with so far has been so nice. I've already pulled a ton of staples out of a ladies' head, dealt with a lot of pee and poo, inserted a foley catheter, seen a PEG tube placed at the bedside, charted and given report, plus more stuff I'm forgetting now. Tom keeps asking why my patients are crazy, I have to keep reminding him the reason I'm working with them is that their brains have been messed with in some form or another! I'm getting into the swing of 12 hours shifts again, although I'm still working Friday and Saturday's at the bakery. That means this week I get one day off in the middle of 7 days. Nice way to hit the ground running eh? Oh well, it's worth the experience and potential permanent job offer!
I want to finish updating 2007, but Tom travelled to Holland and I want to include his info here as well, but I don't want to post without some pictures, which he needs to make available to me!
Speaking of which... Here are a few pictures... from the last couple of weeks.
So, I got my hair cut... This is before... it was freakin' long!
This is after. I told the hairdresser that I wanted to keep some of the length, well, I guess my moderately short is her long enough... whatever it grows really fast. I just can't seem to find someone I like to cut my hair! Any recommendations??
Tom and I at a Diamondbacks game. Krista hooked us up with free, almost nosebleed, tickets.
Here's proof we were at the ball park... see the diamond in the background. A guy and a girl got engaged on the jumbo-tron (?) just a few sections over from us. I thought if he was proposing he could have sprung for better seats, but maybe she would have caught on. It was pretty funny though!
This is an unidentified plant/weed growing in my planter/garden. Tom and I have a compost that we've been contributing to for a couple of years. Well when I planted some flowers a few weeks back, we added some compost. Well we noticed these random sprouts in our new garden, and even some straight out of the compost. We have no idea what it is, I guess we'll have to wait and see. My mom thinks it may be cantaloupe, I thought it would be zucchini, Tom guessed watermelon. After discussing it we think the strongest possibility will be cantaloupe. Any guesses or informed identifications of our rogue sprouts?
BTW - My dad said it's a weed, because anything that is growing where it's not supposed to is a weed. I think that's a slightly pessimistic approach. I'm leaning more toward the pleasant surprise option.
1 comment:
I think it looks like a watermelon...
Post a Comment