Tuesday, September 16, 2008

2008 - July Recap

July 2008 Recap

July brings my favorite holiday... 4th of July. Even though it's my favorite holiday, I haven't really been able to celebrate it the last few years. Last year we were in Belize, so no fireworks. The year before I worked at my restaurant job and after Tom picked me up we were able to pull off on the side of the road and see some of the fireworks from Tempe Town Lake, but we were pretty far away. One day Tom and I would like to go somewhere back East where they put on a great fireworks show. Somewhere like Boston or DC, wouldn't that be exciting? A typical 4th of July leads us to Duncan, where my dad is the volunteer fire chief and and he is in charge of the fireworks. We get really good seats, right underneath the fireworks, and sometimes it's even a little scary! This year, everyone was planning to stay in Phoenix, and Tom and I just couldn't think of anything we wanted to do in Phoenix, so we decided to go to Duncan for the night and catch the show. Krista, Duane, Tawnie and Kayla decided to come along as well, and we had a good time, even though it was pretty hot.


Here are my boys, Bruno and Ezio in the car on the ride to Duncan. I got them cute collars at the Target Dollar spot and they were perfect for the occasion!

We started out the evening in chairs on the lawn of the baseball field at the high school, but as soon as the fireworks started, the dogs freaked out, it was pretty loud. So Tom and I took them to the truck and locked them in the cab and we watched the remainder of the fireworks from the bed of the truck. It was still fun.
Here's Kayla in the back of the truck on the way back to the farm after the fireworks show.

The next day we hung out with my dad and helped with some chores he had. Here he was feeding the horses and mules after the dogs ratted them out on the other side of the fence. My cute little scared wanna-be guard dogs! Ha!

This is Mohamed, remember him form the trail ride?

My dad has a bunch of cool old rusted vehicles and equipment on his farm. If you look closely in the shadows underneath this truck, you can see cotton tail rabbits, trying to stay cool.

Here's a close up... cute little bunny hanging out in the shade. It looks like they dig themselves a little burrow and hunker down in it.

Can you see the one back there by the tire? Poor hot little bunnies, but they are pretty smart I guess. Luckily the dogs didn't even notice they were there, so they were able to hide in their cool spots.


July also calls for Dustin's birthday party! He had a lot of kids over for the party and the Wii was the biggest hit of the night.

Here's Ashley concentrating real hard playing Guitar Hero.

I tried Guitar Hero and failed miserably, all the kids couldn't believe I was so horrible at it. But then we switched over to Wii Sports, and I was able to kick some butt!

And here's a picture of us at the party.

No comments: