Monday, October 5, 2009

It's been a while!

Wow, it's been over a month since I last updated, sorry! It seems like the last month flew by!

Mitch has gotten so much better about not being fussy, he's a happy baby again. The only trouble spot we have is when Tom or I go for a ride in the car by ourselves in the evenings, he throws a big fit! It's tough on all of us, but he usually falls asleep before we get half way to our destination.

Mitch is experimenting with his voice now, with very loud shrieking. LOL! I think the neighbors might think we are torturing the poor kiddo! Sometimes he sounds like a little bird. I've tried to catch the copious amounts of shrieking on video, but when I pull out the camera, he gets distracted. Mitch is also turning himself around in circles, and scooting himself backwards. He's going be all over the place in no time! He has gotten himself up on all fours a few times and will stay there for a bit if we put him in the position, but for now he likes to hang out on his belly.

Tom and I decided that we were going to wait to feed him "solids" until he was 6 months old, and we got back from our trip to visit Uncle Jim & Aunt Annette in Florida. We might not make it that long... this kid wants to eat everything we eat! We've been over to my sister Donell's the last few weekends, for birthday dinners and get togethers and such. She still has a baby spoon that Mitch loves, and she has applesauce, and everyone jumps at the chance to feed his stuff he "shouldn't" have. In fact just this last Saturday, my dad gave him a big chunk of steak to suck on... he loved it. Poor kiddo is starving! LOL!

Speaking of food, I've been on a crazy modified diet, and have slowly been reintroducing different foods over time. Yesterday I thought Spaghetti sounded good since Mitch seems to tolerate tomatoes okay. I got everything together started browning the meat and come to find that I only have one jar of spaghetti sauce, and it's a 4 cheese sauce. Hmm, guess it's time to see if his dairy intolerance has subsided. He seemed fine, even went to sleep earlier than normal, and stayed asleep. But this morning he's been fussy and sleeping a lot, so we'll hold off on the dairy a little longer, boo! I do have to mention my sweet hubby did seize the opportunity to run out and get us some coldstone ice cream for desert, yummo!

Onto some pictures...



Popsicle Face!
He loves sharing popsicles!

Just checking out what my parents can get me from the toy store!
He was being all fidgety in my lap and bonked his head on the edge of the desk! Boo!

He recovered rather quickly!
He likes to hang out in his bouncy seat... it makes showers possible! Most of the time he scoots down in it like this and flails his legs around. It kind of gives him a better bounce too.
See he doesn't like it at all! =)
His favorite position! Notice the lonely little blue owl on the ground? It belongs in the middle spot where there is a velcro to hold it in place. The first thing Mitch does when he gets in the bouncer is to rip this cute little owl off and start chewing on him, eventually he gets thrown aside. Poor little owl!
We play on the bed a lot. One reason is that all of our house is tile or laminate flooring. We don't have carpet anywhere, and we love it! It just makes learning to sit and crawl a lot more painful, hence the playtime on the bed.
Mitch scooted himself backwards and mostly under the pillow. He likes to kick against something, here it's the wall.
Cute little baseball outfit. Thanks Aaron and Lee Ann!
He's a happy boy!

The outfit has a baseball on the butt, too cute!
Mitch wrestling his sea horse.
Munching on the toes!



Almost got 'em!
I was making waffles for breakfast one morning, trying to keep the kiddo entertained at the same time. He was sitting in the bumbo and anything within his reach was fair game. Ahhh, this will do... makes lots of noise, feels neat, and dang it, if I could just get it open, I'm sure it would taste divine!
Maybe if I use my teeth, er, gums that will help?!
Dad & Mitch after bath time.
We made a day trip up to Jerome, Sedona and Flagstaff. Mitch is the smart one that doesn't look toward the sun, oh well!
Tom and Mitch in an alley way after watching a glass blowing demonstration.
Cute morning kiddo!



My dad giving Mitch a teething biscuit, what a mess, but of course, they both loved it!
Close-up, ewww!

Mitch already has a chore... he has to help daddy water the plants. We're in negotiations about allowance.
Mitch loves it outside!
My handsome men! I love them!




No comments: