Thursday, March 12, 2009

I need to learn something...

So I need to learn how to keep my mouth shut!

Let me explain...

This Friday I will be 34 weeks pregnant with our cute little bundle of joy... holy cow time is flying by. Well, I had assumed a few things about my training schedule at work, but was curious what the managers thought. Yesterday, while working one of my managers was talking to a few people on our "pod" (the shape of the hospital is 4 round nursing units on each floor, called pods). I decided that I should ask her about what her plans were for my schedule with me having the baby soon, due in about 6 weeks. Well after a phone call here and there, it was decided that I better get my butt to the night shift to orient to nights as soon as possible. If not my orientation may be considered "extended", which doesn't look good for the budget. So not only do I have to continue for the next 3 weeks with daytime classes on at least 2 days a week, I have to start working the night shift a few nights a week as well. While attempting to not work two 12 hour shifts in a row, per doctors orders. This will be fun. (Please tell me you can read the sarcasm dripping from that sentence!)

So basically I'll be working every other day or two on the night shift, and trying to work around daytime training classes, daytime doctors appointments and evening childbirth classes. I have a feeling the next 3 or so weeks are going to be a blur. Oh, and I forgot to mention, Tom is still working hard on getting the baby's room finished/ready before he or she arrives. So this schedule may put a little bit of a damper on his schedule for progress too, not to mention time cut short for shopping for baby stuff and just another important piece of furniture... a couch!

To spin it in a more positive light, I guess this will make us more grateful for when the baby comes and we can spend 6 weeks together without having to worry too much about anything else but us, hopefully!

I'm trying to focus on the good things coming up and not worry too much about how much this transition will affect our daily lives. Some things I'm looking forward to?

Baby Shower! Krista is throwing us a baby shower this Saturday. I can't wait to see everyone and enjoy their company and the yummy food. Krista always throws such parties.

Childbirth classes! I've been through a childbirth class before, for school, but I can't wait to attend one with Tom to see what his reaction to it all will be. He's going to be such a great dad, I'm just worried about his reaction to the actual labor process, but I'm sure he'll do just fine.

More spring time weather! It's beautiful in Arizona right now! I want to plant flowers and get my hands dirty, we'll see if I get the time to be motivated to really do it!

Another ultrasound of our baby. My doctor would like me to have another ultrasound in about 4 weeks just to check on the size of the baby again. She likes to have a better idea of what to expect and what options to offer once we get a little closer to d-day! Hopefully I'll still be pregnant at that point and we'll still be able to go au natural if I can do it!

Last but definitely not least, OUR BABY! The baby has been moving around so much lately that just sitting there Tom, or anyone nearby, can see the baby actually moving at the top of my belly. Sometimes it's quite the show! I'm pretty sure the baby is still head down, so the movement we see is the butt wiggling around and then those cute little feet that I can't wait to see and hold! I'm so excited to have our baby and love on that little one from the outside.

That's my update for now... I'm sure I'll get some pictures from the shower this weekend to share and maybe you'll actually get to see my big 'ol preggo belly.

No comments: