Wednesday, July 1, 2009

2 month check up!

So Mitch had his 2 month well visit yesterday. He was 10 weeks old, and actually 2 months, 9 days old, but I digress. He did really well and the pediatrician said he's perfect and too cute! We all know that! He weighs 14lbs 2.75oz and is 25 inches long! Both of those stats are in the 95% for his age! That's a lot of growing he's done in just two months! We must be doing something right! He also had his first vaccinations... ouch! He only turned purple for a little bit and calmed down rather quickly. He was smiling at me by the time we got into the car! He was a little tired, so we took a good long nap when we got home. Otherwise he tolerated the 3 shots quite well! He's my little champ!

Mitch seems to be getting better about the fussies, or maybe he finally has us trained. The last two nights he's slept pretty well. I'm over keeping track of the times he wakes up/fusses to eat, it's probably better that I don't know. We'll see how he does with daddy tomorrow night when it's not immediate gratification/comfort of mama right there next to him. This weekend will be somewhat of a test for all of us. I will be working my first 2-in-a-row Saturday and Sunday night. I'm afraid my milk supply may be suffering while I'm working because it's really difficult for me to get away to pump before 11:30 - midnight, and then again around 4:30 - 5am. The last night I worked one of my patients decided to go crazy on me right around 5 and I wasn't able to get the second pumping in. Ouchie! I'm hoping I can remedy this schedule conflict soon!

Mitch amazes me every day. I think he's is finding his voice right now, as he has been yelling a lot more. It's too cute. He's been munching on his hands like crazy. Today he actually had his thumb in his mouth, sucking on it! I'm torn about encouraging thumb-sucking or not. You can take pacifiers away, but not a thumb. He's sitting up a lot more, holding his head really well and keeping his back straight. His head is still a little heavy and he leans a lot, but we keep practicing. Soon we'll put him in the Bumbo, I'm sure he'll love it! I think he's on the verge of laughing, and I can't wait for it to happen. He's so fun and getting so big... I have to treasure our time together even if I'm lacking sleep!

Here are a few pictures!




P.S. My dad didn't come to town last weekend, so I still don't have pictures from Duncan... when I get them, I'll update!

No comments: