Not too much happened in June, just recovered from the cruise, and then prepared for our upcoming un-anniversary trip back to Belize. What's an un-anniversary? It's a word I probably made up, but we were going back to Belize where we got married 8 months earlier. So it wasn't our anniversary, but it kinda felt like it, so there!
The night before our trip was the first night of festivities for my High School Reunion. So since we wouldn't be able to make it to the actual reunion, I wanted to at least show up to the pre-party. By the way, remember "my girlies" I mentioned quite a ways back? Well, one of them is Jacki. Jacki and I actually went to High School together, we knew of each other, but never spoke to one another, she knew my twin brother more than me. Fast forward about 10 years later, and Jacki was sitting behind me in Nursing School, recognized me and bam, we talked and became friends. Jacki and her boyfriend Jon are scuba divers, so we invited them along for our trip back to Belize. Good Times!
Back to the High School Reunion, I was nervous as all heck and Jacki and Tom were making fun of how nervous I was, the funny thing was... only like two people really remembered me. Whatever! Anyway here is a picture I stole from someone on myspace!

That's me and Jacki, Kelly and her date. You can see Tom's ear and hair behind Kelly's head!
July 2007
Back in Belize, having a great time. We decided to dive most of the trip because it was just to pretty under the water not too! We took two full day excursions, one to Turneffe Elbow and one to the Blue Hole. Those trips were amazing! We had been to the Blue Hole after we got married back in November, but we weren't impressed with the Blue Hole itself, but the other 2 dives with it made us want to go back again.

This is Tom and I after staying up all night from the Reunion get together and waiting for our 6 am flight! WooHoo, can you say tired??

Jacki had a birthday while we were in Belize, so this is what she had for dinner!

What's that out there in the water?? Not just dolphins, but a baby dolphin too! I believe that middle little dorsal fin is the baby! How cute is that!?!

There is my sexy scuba diving husband on the top deck of the Amigos Del Mar Dive boat!
He's Hot!
This is ship wreck on the reef just off of Half Moon Caye, it's right there in the middle of those palm trees.
Here are some divers from the other group surfacing, maybe if you look close you can see some sharks cuz they are there!
See those sharks?? Yeah, we were just diving with them. The dive masters were going to chum the water while we were still in it, and we were excited to experience that, but we had some weenies with us that were having all sorts of issues. 
This shark swam right beside me in the Blue Hole, at depth. You wanna know how I know that was the one? Look at his dorsal fin, there is a transmitter of some sort on it. Tom and I saw that bad boy down there and thought it was pretty cool that we were swimming with a tracked animal. If only we could figure out who was tracking him and why.
Look at that water! I love it!The last full day we were in Belize was a no dive day, as you aren't supposed to fly within 24 hours of a commercial flight, or something similar, I believe the rules have changed recently. We decided to partake in a main land tour. This was something we had wanted to do when we were there for the wedding but it would have excluded some of our guests, so we decided against it! We went on the Cave Tubing and Zip Line Tour. I don't have pics from the cave tubing, because I don't have an underwater housing for my camera. But I will show you Zip Lining! What fun, I just wish the Zip Line was longer!

Here is Tom all suited and saftey'd up ready to go!

Jon and Jacki, trying to show us they are tough. I think Jon looks more constipated than tough! Ha!

That's Tom coming in for a landing! Look at that form, that's a former para-trooper for you!

That's Jacki zipping along.

Back on solid ground, I survived the Zip Line!
On the boat ride back from the main land we went past this gold island, called Caye Chapel. Supposedly this island was established as a coconut farm, which was then sold to Pablo Escobar. He used it as a hide out in his drug running operation and now you too can own it for a cool $75,000,000. Crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment